Friday, October 2, 2009

Blog Cherry....POPPED

Well, I guess technically it's not really my first. I did have a 2-year-long, highly successful myspace blog. And when i say "highly successful" i mean "not successful in any way, shape or form." But some of the friends enjoyed my 'musings' on a regular basis, and verbally assaulted me on an even more regular basis when i did not blog regularly... so naturally i stopped blogging entirely.

I have been tweeting for quite some time now - with my earliest tweets dating back as far as March of 2009. Rapidly approaching my 500th tweet, each one better than the last; no one any less or any more important than the other.

http://twitter.com/jbryanhopkins is the place to be if you want to know EXACTLY how i am feeling and EXACTLY what i am doing at all times...well, at least during the hours of 7-4pm on weekdays since that's when i'm working, and thus have lots of time to spend on things like blogging and tweeting.

More than likely this blog will chronicle my daughter (Camryn Rose Hopkins) from her birth (which is going to be October 20th because there's no football on that day and i know she wouldn't want to inconvenience daddy) and all important moments henceforth. I think i just used the word henceforth for the first time. Fantastic.

In all honesty, I have no idea where this blog will go or what it will do. That's the great thing about life...it happens...and life, much like this blog, will take me to all kinds of fascinating places, in all kinds of directions with no end in sight (with the exception of death, which i guess is basically when this blog, and my life will in fact...end). And this paragraph is the most intentionally pretentious thing i've ever written...man, I LOVE blogging!

Also, i'm having a hard time adjusting to writing more than 140 characters at a time. Kind-of a stretch for the ole' noodle. But I will do my best.

So follow me on twitter, friend me on facebook, read me on blogger, hug me in public, kiss me in the rain and bathe me in the ocean...yes friends, this will be fun. i'm positively giddy with delight at the endless possibilities.

No comments:

Post a Comment